Breed Info Summary
Breed Suits: Energy level — Medium to high; perfect family dog; active lifestyle
Size: Small (varies depending on the type of poodle)
The Cavoodle, also known as a Cavapoo or Cavadoodle, is a cross between dog breeds — the Poodle and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Both breeds are lovely, smart and proven to produce healthy and lively puppies.
Cavoodles are outgoing, super sweet, friendly and intelligent. They love attention, and they enjoy different adorable tactics to entice every family member to play or cuddle. Generally, they like to be in a household with plenty of people so that they never feel bored or lonely. This is a dog that is inclined to experience separation anxiety because they are so attached to their favourite humans.
Pros and cons to consider
- Low-shedding hypoallergenic coats
- Placid temperament that makes them perfect for therapy
- Highly intelligent
- Sociable and affectionate
- Cavapoos don’t like to be left alone for long periods
- Prone to develop separation anxiety
- Likely to be picky eaters