Homemade Tuna Cat Treats your cat will go crazy for!
Make deliciously nutritious tuna cat treats at home with just two ingredients – so simple and guaranteed to delight.
These homemade Tuna cat treats are my absolute favourite for my feline friends (and, they’re also loved by the whole furmily)!
These treats are the epitomy of simple is better with just two ingredients in the recipe. I recommend Tuna in springwater. You could use Tuna in oil, but make sure you drain the oil really well (and perhaps pat with a towel).
The texture of these treats are light and spongy, making them easy to eat for cats of all ages and sizes. Sounds purrfect!
Ingredients and Instructions
- 185g tinned tuna in springwater (not oil), drained
- 1 free-range egg
- Separate the egg white and egg yolk. Keep the yolk aside.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form (3-4 minutes)
- Soft peaks will form when whisk is lifted. Set aside.
- Put the tuna into a food processor (small bowl works well), turn speed to medium-high.
- Add egg yolk and continue to mix until smooth (2 min)
- Add tuna mix into egg whites and gently fold with a metal spoon until combined.
- Spoon mix into a zip lock bag (or plastic lined piping bag). Snip off corner of zip lock bag.
- Pipe mix in small drops (around 1cm) onto a baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Continue to pipe the treats (yield around 50 treats)
- Bake in 180 degree oven for 15-20 min until slightly golden and dry to the touch.
- Serve and enjoy!